Hello, my name is Shin and I’m the founder and the guide of Explore Hakone.
I was born and raised in Hakone, one of the most popular destinations in Japan.
My hometown is well known for spectacular views of Mt. Fuji, great hot-spring resorts, beautiful trekking routes, and many more.
I’m currently living in this area, so I can show you many good sightseeing spots upon your requests;
– experiencing authentic Japanese/local culture and history
– trekking and experiencing the beautiful nature of the national park.
– visiting special spots for the stunning view of Mt.Fuji.
– exploring secret hot-springs.
– experiencing Japanese craftsmanship, and many more!
I have the following qualifications as a professional guide.
– National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter
– Mountain Guide Stage II licensed by Japan Mountain Guides Association
– Itinerary Control Manager/Certified Tour Leader
From 2016, I’ve been guiding more than 150 days each year, guests from all corners of the world.
Please see TripAdvisor’s reviews on my tour here.
If you are interested in visiting Hakone area, let me help you enjoy your stay and have a great experience.
I spent 6 years in France and 5 years in U.S.A when I was a student so I know both Japanese and Western cultures well.
I’m looking forward to seeing you in Hakone!